Wednesday, November 23, 2005

40K+

Almost there! The only problem now is that I have plenty of story left, and not much November. Oh, what a problem, you say in mock pity. Well, it's strange. When I started this, I expected the problem to be 5000 words and not one word more. But now I find myself confronting the task of "hurrying up" and wrapping everything together. The first 40K words are a stroll. The last 10K will be a sprint.

It is important to actually finish, not just get 50,000 words on paper. If I don't finish by December 1st, I may never finish.

I think I can do it. It will require wrapping up plots and subplots with a thud, but what the hell. It has to be done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Glenn said...

Many, many congratulations on getting the whole 50K done. I am insanely jealous, of course. ;-)

Don't shortchange yourself on the ending of your book. I know that by now you probably just want it over, but you will be happier with the finished product if you take the extra word space and time. When asked how long our stories should be, Gurney Norman always told our creative writing class, "Till it's done".

Trust yourself to work after November 30th if you grant yourself this luxury.

Congratulations again,

Sarah G

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home