Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Character-building exercise

I thought out some of my novel's characters today. There probably won't be too many more prominent characters, but we'll just see where it goes.



Jim Talbot

Our Small Town's deputy sheriff, and the story's main character

Sara Talbot

Jim's wife. Right now she's just window dressing, but with an important part toward the end. I'm sure she'll become a fuller character once I start writing.

Zach Abrams

Sheriff of OST (Our Small Town - as you can see, I'm still working on the town's name.) The whole police force will probably consist of 4-5 people.

Hollerith Humbert

A local celebrity who had a kids show in area in the late 1950s. The show was kind of like "Howdy Doody." Humbert never did make it nationally.

Roman Jacobs

Humbert's attorney in the past, now a judge.

Ed Moffett

A man who, as a boy, had a disturbing encounter with Humbert.

"Linus" & "Lucy"

Two children, presumed to be siblings, that show up at the beginning. They are somewhat of a mystery, having amnesia to some degree.


Emma & Ronnie Baker

A couple of local children that disappear shortly after Linus and Lucy arrive.


I think if there are too many more, I could get swamped. However, since the primary goal is to get to 50,000 words, you may see me chucking in characters that go by 3 or 4 names (Billy Joe Swanson, Jr!) telling their life stories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home